One of the many ways to prepare morel mushrooms is to coat them in flour and sautéed in butter or margarine. It is one of the most delicious ways to prepare morel mushrooms if you want to cook it as the main ingredient.
This recipe is a great side dish, appetizer, or just a meal on its own served with bread. So today, let us learn how to cook morel mushrooms with this great dish – The King of the Plate, Morel Mushrooms with flour!
Before we start with the ingredients and the steps on how to cook more mushrooms, let’s first discuss other important information you should know before trying out this recipe. First, let’s learn about the morel mushroom preparation. Before you start cooking, make sure to wash your morels thoroughly. Cut the fresh morels into four, vertically. To remove and kill the little critters, you may soak your morel mushrooms in a bowl filled with salted water. Let it soak in the fridge for a couple of hours before washing and using. On the other hand, if you aren’t ready to cook your morels within the next two days after picking, just remove the excess water and cover it with a damp paper towel inside your fridge. This will help your morels to retain its crisp and avoid being mushy.
So to make yourself a King of the Plate recipe or Morels with Flour, you will need the following ingredients:
- Morels, as many as you like to cook
- About 3 to 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Frying Pan preferably an iron skillet
- About ½ cup of flour for coating your morels, you can add more later on
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now let’s start cooking our morel mushrooms. Just follow these easy steps and you’ll be feasting on some morel mushrooms in no time!
- Melt butter or margarine in the frying pan, making sure you don’t burn the butter.
- Next, coat the mushrooms in flour. You can do so by placing the flour in a ziplock and then putting in the morels inside to coat.
- Nevertheless, you can simply use a plate with flour and roll your morel mushrooms in it. Make sure the morels are completely covered.
- Now, gently sauté the mushrooms in the melted butter or margarine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now you can enjoy your fried morel mushrooms with flour!