Hemorrhoids is a term used to refer to a condition where the veins outside and inside the rectum are inflamed. Hemorrhoids cause irritation, itching, pain and even bleeding.
They are caused by constipation and chronic diarrhea. Different home remedies are used to treat and cure hemorrhoids. They are:
- Dry figs are said to be the most effective hemorrhoids remedies. You are required to soak three or four figs overnight in water. They should be the first thing that you take the following morning.
- You must also drink the water that you soaked them in.
- Mashing two ripe bananas and eating them with a glass of milk also provides relief.
- White radish is also used to treat hemorrhoids. It can be used in different ways. First, it may be grated, mixed with a teaspoon of honey then eaten. It may also be crushed and the juice mixed with a teaspoon of salt. The juice should be taken twice every day until the hemorrhoids heal.
- In another easy remedy, you could grind the radish into a paste then mix it with a half a liter of milk. This is applied directly on the area around the rectum and allowed to rest for fifteen minutes. It provides relief from swelling and pain.
Hemorrhoids can be treated with cold water and compresses. These help shrink the veins in and around the rectum. In addition, they help tone the rectum walls. You should fill your bath with cold water and sit in it for between ten and fifteen minutes. This should be done twice everyday; in the morning and evening. It provides instant relief from pain and bleeding. Still, you could dip a clean cloth in water then place it in the affected area for no more than thirty minutes. This is done before you go to bed.
- You could use cumin seeds to treat hemorrhoids where one tablespoon of black cumin seeds is roasted and mixed with a tablespoon of unroasted black cumin seeds and ground into powder form.
- dissolve half a teaspoon of the powder in a glass of water every day and drink it.
- cumin seeds are ground into a paste that is then mixed with water and applied directly onto the affected area. This should be carried out every day for a week. It helps reduce pain and irritation.