Salmon is a popular fish dish. It is among the favorite types of fish to be served at home or at the restaurants. It is actually one of the more expensive types being sold in the market. Thus, it’s safe to say that salmon is a great dish to serve during those special occasions.
There are many ways to cook salmon. You can cook it on top of the stove, grill, or in the oven. If you’d like to learn how to cook salmon in the oven, here is a great recipe to try, the oven-steamed salmon mixed with vegetables.
Let’s first prepare the ingredients before we start learning how to cook salmon in the oven. Below are the ingredients:
- 4 ¾ inches salmon steaks
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound of unpeeled small new potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into ½ inch thickness
- 2 leeks, sliced into ¼ inch thickness
- 1 diced onion
- 2 shallots, halved
- 3 tablespoon light olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch thickness
- 4 tablespoon chopped green onions
Now that you’ve prepared all the ingredients, it’s time to learn how to cook salmon in the oven. Here are the steps to a sumptuous oven-steamed salmon.
- Before you start, make sure that you’ve preheated the oven to 400 F.
- Now, on a platter, place the salmon steaks and sprinkle with a tablespoon of the lemon juice.
- On a separate baking pan or dish, 9 x 13 or a bit bigger will do, place the potatoes, carrots, onions, leeks, and shallots.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil.
- Now, mix everything until the vegetables are coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Next, bake the vegetables in the oven for about half an hour or until the potatoes are tender. You can mix or stir them from time to time.
- After 30 minutes, add in the zucchini and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables in the oven and add in the rest of the lemon juice.
- Stir in two tablespoons of the green onions.
- Stir them gently and move the vegetables to the side.
- Now, place the salmon steaks at the center of the pan.
- Spoon the leeks, shallots, and onions on top of the salmon.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- Once done, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the rest of the 2 tablespoons of green onions.
- Serve your salmon and enjoy!