Cooking baby carrots is not very different from cooking your normal carrots. There are so many things that can be done with baby carrots. They can be added to your favorite dishes, stir-fried or steamed.
You can even simply chop them and add them with corn as a side dish. You can also add them to your favorite soups. There are so many things you can do with baby carrots! Continue reading to learn about a few of the different ways in which baby carrots can be cooked and enjoyed.
Simple Ways to Cook Baby Carrots
The first dish we are going to look at is perhaps the easiest and most basic recipe to make! We will call this recipe, big taste baby carrots recipe because though simple, the flavor and taste are quite big in this delicious dish.
Ingredients Required to Make Big Taste Baby Carrots
If you want to nibble on baby carrots as a snack or as a side dish, here is the most basic way to cook baby carrots. All you will need for this basic dish are:
- 1 ½ lbs baby carrots
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Instructions to Make Big Taste Baby Carrots
Now let’s begin learning how to cook baby carrots.
- In a pot, combine 1 1/2 pounds of baby carrots, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add in about half an inch of water and bring all the combined ingredients to a boil. Once it boils, cover the pan and reduce the heat. Simmer the carrots for about 8 minutes.
- Then, remove the cover and raise the heat once more to medium high. Continue cooking until the water is reduced. This will take a couple of minutes.
- Then, turn the carrots in the sauce and season them as per taste.
- Now, it is time to relish your delicious baby carrots!
Baby Carrots and Company
The next dish we are going to make will be called baby carrots and company. This is also a very easy and simple recipe that does not compromise on flavor and taste. It is a healthy and tasty dish that can be prepared with very little effort.
Ingredients Required to Make Baby Carrots and Company
The following are the ingredients that can be used to make this delectable dish. This is only a broad outline of how to make this dish and the ingredients required to do so. You can make it more colorful and rich in flavor by giving it your personal touch.
- vegetables of your choice
- onions (finely chopped)
- freshly minced garlic
- oyster sauce
- soya sauce
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- meat of your choice
- hard boiled eggs for garnishing
Instructions to Make Baby Carrots and Company
The following includes the list of steps involves in making this flavorful dish.
- When it comes to the vegetables to be used in this dish, you can use just about any of your choice. You could use broccoli, bell peppers (green, yellow and orange), mushrooms, celery and radish, to name a few options. Of course, do not forget to have your baby carrots ready for the dish! Cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Place a wok on medium heat. Pour some olive oil and sauté freshly minced garlic. Next, add your finely chopped onions and sauté them also.
- Start adding the vegetables one by one, starting with the baby carrots and ending with broccoli. Be very careful while cooking the vegetables because you do not want to overcook them. Make sure you retain their rich color and crispness.
- At this stage, if you choose to add meat, shrimps or poultry, remove the vegetables. You could add thin strips of beef or chicken pieces or you could even add some shrimp.
- Now, stir fry the meat, shrimp, or chicken until it is almost done. Before it is completely cooked, add the vegetables again.
- Next, add salt and pepper according to taste. Preferrably use freshly ground pepper.
- Next, add a bit of soya sauce according to your liking and also add a tablespoon of oyster sauce. Mix well for a couple of minutes.
- You can garnish your dish with already prepared hard boiled eggs.
Your beautiful looking tasty and healthy dish is ready to be served!
As you can see, using baby carrots in any dish is extremely simple. What’s more, they look pretty, taste great and are also extremely healthy. So, go ahead and try the above mentioned dishes and enjoy them with friends and family.