Installing a window blind is relatively easy. As a matter of fact, measuring your windows and getting the blinds are more tedious than the actual installation of the blinds.
You, of course, need to have all the tools necessary to make installation quick and easy. The lack of tools may have you going back and forth from the hardware store to your house which will make installation of the blinds longer than necessary.
Before Installing the Blinds
Prior to installing your window blinds, it is therefore important to have all the necessary tools on hand and within easy reach.
Tools and materials needed are generally the following: screwdriver, electric drill, measuring tape, pencil or marker, level, stepladder if windows are high and your window blind kit which includes mounting brackets, screws and blinds.
Once you’ve gathered everything that you need for the installation of your window blinds, you are now ready for the actual installation.
How to Hang Window Blinds
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to hang window blinds.
- First, prepare you windows by removing curtains or any other obstacle that may be in the way of your installation.
- With your tape measure, measure about two inches from the sides of the frames and mark these with your pencil. This is where you will be placing the mounting brackets.
- Place your brackets over the markings and then mark each hole of the bracket.
- Drill a hole on each marking – just enough to easily place the screws in.
- Take the mounting brackets and fasten with a screw.
- Check to see if the brackets are leveled.
- Get the blinds and clip them onto the brackets with the brace screws.
- Operate the blinds to see if they are working properly and attached firmly.
- Enjoy your new blinds!
These are general installation guidelines. If you would like to get a bit more information and help about hanging specific blinds, you may check the internet for Do-It-Yourself guides.
You may also want to ask the supplier from where you got your blinds about how to hang the blinds that you purchased. On the other hand, if you are unsure about hanging the blinds yourself, ask a friend to help you with it.
You don’t need to hire a professional to do this.
You can always just ask the help of friends or loved ones to save you from paying professional services for a simple task of installing window blinds.