Tilapia is one of the many types of fish out there. You can cook tilapia by grilling, frying, or baking it. You can even broil or boil it together with vegetables.
Here, you will learn how to cook tilapia with a simple baking technique. Let’s learn how to make some buttery-crusted baked tilapia.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 six ounce boneless tilapia fillets,
- About 6 crackers like Ritz, crushed,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1/4 tsp chili powder,
- 1/4 tsp adobo seasoning, you can get this bottled or canned in your grocery, and
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, right off the fridge.
When you’ve prepared your ingredients, it’s time to start cooking. Here are the step by step instructions to make your baked tilapia.
- Line a baking sheet or baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Preheat your oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange your tilapia fillets in your baking dish.
- Now mix your crackers with salt, chili powder, and adobo seasoning in a mixing bowl. Mix it with clean hands.
- Now, cut your butter into 6 parts. Use the four to place directly on top of the center of your tilapia fillet.
- Now, as for the 2 parts of butter, cut it into smaller pieces and mix into the cracker mixture using your clean hands.
- Once you mix the butter with the cracker mixture, sprinkle the crumbs over each of the tilapia fillet.
- Now, bake the tilapia for about 20 minutes or until your desired doneness.
- Once done, transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!
Now, if you want a fried tilapia dish, here’s another great recipe. Now, it’s time to learn how to cook tilapia that’s batter fried. Let’s start first with the ingredients you’ll need.
- 2 1/2 pounds of Tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk
- Plain bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil
Cooking batter fried tilapia is easy to do. Here are the steps on how to cook tilapia the batter fried way.
- First, clean your tilapia fillets by rinsing it in cold water.
- Now, drain it thoroughly. You can use a paper towel to pat the tilapia fillets dry.
- Make sure your fillets are 2 by 1 inch pieces, if not, cut it into that size.
- Now, it’s time to season your tilapia fillets. Mix flour, salt, and pepper. Coat the fish with the mixture.
- Next, combine your 2 eggs with enough milk to make a liquid of about one and a half cup.
- Coat your fillets with this egg and milk mixture.
- Now, cover the tilapia fillets with bread crumbs.
- Now, prepare a wok.
- Heat some oil in the wok. You can also use a deep fryer.
- Place the tilapia fillets in the wok or deep fryer and fry them until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve it with any rice dish!