Carrot is a kind of root vegetable. A fresh carrot has a crisp texture with orange as its usual color. The color of the carrot comes from ?-carotene, which becomes vitamin A when metabolized by the human body. Carrots can also be a good source of minerals, fibers, and antioxidants.
Some of the nutritional facts that can be found in carrots are Thiamin, Niacin, Riboflavin, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Calcium, and Iron among others. But of course, this does not mean that we can eat carrots as often or as many as we want. Like any other food, too much of anything can also be unhealthy. Eating too much carrots can also cause hypercarotenemia, wherein skin becomes orange. This is why carrots should also be eaten in moderation.
There are numerous ways to prepare this vegetable. Usually, carrots can be found in different kinds of food to add color and nutritious vegetable to the dishes. But of course carrots can also be eaten raw or without cooking. If you are one of those who find raw carrots blunt, the recipe below is definitely for you. You will find this very tasty; at the same time have an intake of vitamin A, which is very important in maintaining good eyesight. Try and enjoy this delicious Glazed Carrots. This recipe serves 6 to 8 people.
1 tablespoon of butter
8 to 10 pieces of medium-sized fresh carrots
1/8 teaspoon of ginger
1 ½ cup of orange juice
½ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of tapioca
- Using a small bowl, mix the following ingredients: 1 ½ cup of orange juice, half teaspoon of slat, half cup of sugar, a tablespoon of butter, 1/8 teaspoon of ginger, and the 2 tablespoons of tapioca. Blend in the mixture thoroughly.
- Now, using an electric slow cooker put in the fresh carrots and the mixture prepared earlier. Mix well.
- Cook for 8 to 10 hours at low temperature or 4 to 5 hours at high heat. Do not forget to cover the pot while cooking.
- Before serving the dish, mix thoroughly.
- If there would be leftovers of the dish, do not throw them just yet. Using a saucepan, you can reheat the leftovers but only on low temperature. The purpose of this is to let its sauce stay thick. But if you opt to make the sauce thicker, you can simply add some tapioca or a concentrated mixture done in step 1.