Salmon is one of the most popular fish nicely baked in the oven. Not only is it tasty but it’s definitely light and healthy too. It’s a great fish to serve especially for those special dinners. In fact, a lot of people who are not into eating fish will actually like the salmon. Salmon is sweet and juicy so it’s best not to overcook your fish or else it will taste dry and not too flaky at the same time. But don’t worry. It’s not that hard to bake salmon. In fact, it’s easy to bake this fish and create a sumptuous meal for your family. So here, let’s learn how to bake salmon!
Here, you’ll be able to learn how to bake salmon in two ways. First, is through the use of a foil or some grease-proof paper. This method of baking the salmon is called the “en papillote”. What you do is prepare a piece of foil or paper that will fit your salmon and where in you will still be able to close and seal it later on. Here’s how to do it.
- Cut a piece of the aluminum foil or grease-proof paper.
- Brush the piece with some melted butter.
- Now, place your salmon in the piece of foil or paper.
- Add some flavoring like herbs and spices. You may use pepper, salt, garlic powder, coriander, lemon, or ginger among many others. You can also spray some butter spray or even splash a bit of cooking wine.
- Now that you’ve sprinkled your favorite flavor to your salmon, it’s time to seal that foil. Sealing your salmon will keep it moist. It will allow for your salmon to stay succulent.
- Now, it’s time to bake that salmon. Bake it for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
The second method in cooking salmon is by baking it in a roasting or casserole dish. All you will need to do is pour some wine like white wine, and add some vegetables surrounding the fish. This way, the wine and vegetables will keep the salmon moist. You can do this method for whole salmon among other types of whole fish.
Lastly, the key to a good baked salmon is by baking it with a crust or herb crumb. It will also greatly help in maintaining moisture in your salmon. You can use fillets or steaks for your salmon. Simply sprinkle herbs or crumbs to your steak before baking.